That is no longer a question in our household.
We have recently decided that we are canceling cable and are going to live the simple life. There are a few factors that have helped us reach that conclusion:
- We have been having lots of issues with the quality of our Comcast service, and that's the only service available in our apartment building.
- We could save some dough!
- We feel like we could be more productive members of society (or of our lives) if we do something else with our time.
Both of us are actually quite excited to cancel our cable. (We just decided yesterday, so we're going to do it today). I look forward to not depending on TV to entertain or relax me. It will be challenging to find better ways to spend my time, but I'm sure it will also be very rewarding.
The one thing that we were concerned with was not being able to watch Tiger games! That is a scary thought, but we have figured out a few solutions:
- Listen to the game on the radio.
- Watch the game at a local bar.
- Walk down the street and actually go to the game.
I, of course, will also miss my reality shows, and Alessandro will miss the MLB Network, but we're confident that we'll be alright. (Let's see how we feel in a week).