5.20.2011

Mac and Cheese and Cauliflower with Bread Crumbs and Garlic

I am always trying to make Alessandro eat.  He eats like a little baby bird; and  he's been pretty sick these past couple of weeks, so it was even worse.  (He lost 3 pounds).  So this week I wanted to prepare  a few dinners that might make him get his appetite back.  Wednesday's meal was pork tenderloin with apples and onions,


mac and cheese,


and cauliflower with bread crumbs.


It all came together perfectly for a wonderful meal that made Alessandro clear his plate, which is a very unusual occurrence.


Maybe it was the service with a smile?


Here are the recipes for the cauliflower and mac and cheese from my wonderful Williams-Sonoma cookbook:




I followed the above recipes exactly, and we made our own bread crumbs from a small french baguette that was a few days old.

For the pork tenderloin, I didn't use a recipe, but this is how I cooked it:
  • Salt and peppered the pork
  • Seared all sides of the pork in hot olive oil for about 3 minutes each side
  • Add sliced onions and apples on top of the uncooked pork and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper
  • Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes (which will depend on the size you're cooking)
  • It's done when it's internal temperature is 145 degrees.  Alessandro calls me the food police cause I'm "overly concerned" about food safety, although I believe it's an appropriate level of concern. 
  • Let sit for 5 minutes, and enjoy.

 I definitely recommend trying these recipes.  They were very good, easy to make and something different for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment