5.26.2011

Street Meat & Taco Trucks

There's nothing like a carne asada taco from the taco truck! 

Last Friday--on one of the only sunny days of the week--I rode my bike to my Grandma's house and my Aunt and nieces were over there doing yard work.  The girls loved being in the dirt, and Ava even liked collecting worms.

My mom got hungry just watching all of their hard labor, so we decided to take a trip to the taco truck.

My family's taco truck of choice is called Los Dos Amigos and it's on Parkwood and Parkinson right off of Michigan Ave in the City's Southwest neighborhood. 



I had personally never eaten the street meat from a taco truck in the City, so I was excited to try it out.  I was not disappointed...they were pretty delicious!


Even Maya and Ava loved them!  (Notice the pinky action).



On the agenda for my next street meat experience will be a torta.  (A torta is to Mexico what a sandwich is to America.  Doesn't sound too exciting, but really it is).  I have been waiting to find a torta that lives up to the torta's we ate daily when we stayed in Mexico for 6 weeks back in 1999.  So far, Mexican restaurants around town and also my own attempt at making a torta at home have not come close to those authentic Mexico tortas I dream of.  Maybe the taco truck torta will be the one!

Ooh, I just had a good idea.  Maybe the taco truck can be one of our Bike Club's riding destinations!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/27/2011

    That's would be great to ride to the Taco truck

    ReplyDelete