3.02.2012

The Best Thing I've Ever Eaten?

I've wanted to like seafood for a long time.  In fact, I can remember several years ago ordering fish-and-chips at Mitchell's Fish Market because they just sounded so good, even though I knew I didn't like fish.  I couldn't swallow my first bite.  Even as a kid, my sisters would always order fish-and-chips and I felt a bit left out (especially because I copied my sister like it was my job).  

I really do think one's taste buds must change overtime, because two years ago I might have gagged if I were forced to put fish in my mouth, but now, all of a sudden, I'm ordering seafood at restaurants.  You'll see here that I have dabbled a bit in seafood dishes recently, but then I get scared like here when I wouldn't even consider eating it.  My seafood life is so complicated. 

But the point of me writing to you today was not to chronicle my journey into seafood.  It was to tell you about this dish:



Go to Angelina on your next night out in the D.  (Don't be shy to invite me).  Order the salmon.  Be in heaven.  It's buttery, crispy, juicy and light.  The braised cabbage and tomato basil salad and Yukon gold potatoes are a plus.  This might be the best thing I've ever eaten.  Best thing.  Not just seafood dish.  Best thing ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment