10.20.2012

A Short Love Note to the D


I took these pictures on Thursday morning as soon as I woke up and saw this view from my bedroom window.  What a special day that ended up being.    




Sometimes I'm taken over by the overwhelming love I have for this City.  When I walk to work, ride my bike through the neighborhoods, gaze out the windows, and mingle with fellow townspeople, it helps me to revel in the good here.  Of course, I also recognize the bad, but mostly I am excited for what is to come.  

I read this quote recently about the City that rang true to me:  “The people who live here usually have something going on...They’re artistic, they’re handy, they’re self-starters. People who are finicky don’t come to Detroit. There’s a filter at work here.  You’ve got to have self-sufficiency.” George Royce

Finicky.  That's exactly the right word.  

I was recently asked if I was ever embarrassed of my City.  Embarrassed?  Never.  Disappointed?  Sometimes. Proud?  Always. 

4 comments:

  1. That was my favorite quote of that article, too. SO true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was said so perfectly.

      Delete
  2. Ran across this city guide recently and thought of you: http://www.marthastewart.com/921964/corktown-detroit-travel-guide/@center/929337/travel#920391

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Julie.

      Delete